Thursday, September 20, 2012

How to say Goodbye?




How do you say goodbye to your best employee that has been with you for the entire 12 years at the store? How do you say thank you for all those late nights decorating those seven Christmas trees in time for our open house (all 12 of them)? How do you say thank you for helping all those customers with hundreds of questions each day and still having a smile as we headed home (most days)? How do you say thank you for helping me get that angry oppossum out of the grain warehouse that night? Then how do you say goodbye to your beautiful daughter who is moving to Corvallis to go to OSU to finish her graphic design degree? A double heartwrenching goodbye.  I raised both my kids with good secure roots and strong wings.  So now, don't get me wrong, I want her to use those wings and soar to her chosen career. She will make a wonderful, artistic graphic designer.  But how do you say goodbye to those wonderful days (most days) that turned into 26 years of being with and working with a wonderful human being?  Sara - all I can think of is "Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me make my dream come true, now go make you dream come true.  You have our support and love every day and we will remain close no matter where you move. We are so proud of you. FLY....    Love, your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment